Spread the love this weekend with our second Homefed gift– Island Beer Cheese Spread in a Mason Jar! Our recipe makes enough cheese for four of your friends, family members, or neighbors to enjoy. This delicious and easy-to-make gift is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves cheese, beer, and holiday cheer.
Island Beer Cheese Spread
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or cubes (white cheddar would also be good)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Pickapeppa sauce or Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup of Island Coastal Lager
- 4 slices of center cut bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, green part
- (Up to) Four 4 oz mason jars
Place cheese in a food processor or high-powered blender; pulse until finely chopped, about 1 minute. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer while continuing to process until mixture is smooth and spreadable, about 1-1/2 minutes. Once ready, simply pour the spread into your mason jar(s) and wrap with a red bow! Refrigerate until ready to deliver.